Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 13:16:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Moritz Schmitt <moritz@tarsius.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA Modem

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Moritz Schmitt wrote:

:Hello,
:
:today I bought the ZOOM TELEPHONICS 56Kbps v.90 Dualmode PCMCIA Modem.
:I know it's working under FreeBSD but I don't know how I can get it to
:do so. The very few things I know are:
:
:- enable the "card" driver in the kernel config file
:- enable a driver for the pcmcia card (but which one?)
:
:Can anybody tell me how I can install it or give me a hint where I can
:find information on the web?

# Zoom 56K modem
# Freezes your system entirely if you don't have the reset..
card "Zoom Telephonics, Inc." "PCMCIA 56K LT DataFax"
        config  0x1f "sio" ?
        reset   1000

I have the standard entry in pccard.conf for mine, and it works fine.
Under 3.4-R Iwas hardcoding the IRQ, but under 4.x, that has been
unnecessary.

Here's dmesg and syslog output:

Dmesg:

sio1 at port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 3 slot 1 on pccard1
sio1: type 16550A

Syslog:

Mar 31 15:55:41 ghast /kernel: sio1 at port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 3 slot 1 on
pccard1
Mar 31 15:55:41 ghast /kernel: sio1: type 16550A
Mar 31 15:55:41 ghast pccardd[51]: sio1: Zoom Telephonics, Inc. (PCMCIA
56K LT D
ataFax) inserted.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"