Date:      Thu, 06 Nov 1997 12:16:02 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Libretto 50 - US Version and PAO

> >Well, from looking at the current pcic driver sources I can't see how a
> >mapped-at-zero card could work with what we have.  That would tend to
> >imply to me that while they are supported by the CIS design, there
> >ain't too many of them around.
>
> true, but you have to support them anyway to be "compliant" :-(

Uh, do we care?  Given the way the PCMCIA people feel about money, I
can't see us pursuing any sort of "certification" from them, and if
mapped-at-zero cards are a real rarity that's responsible for a great
deal of our pain, I can think of some pretty explicit things we should
be doing to our support for them.

> >How far off the mark am I?  And is there a decent, non-expensive,
> >reference to the CIS structure anywhere?
>
> Not really.  I paid a small fortune for my copy of the badly written
> standard :-(

Ouch.  (The comment, I know it's grossly overpriced.)

mike