Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:54:01 -0500
From:      "Tony Johnson" <gjohnson@gs.verio.net>
To:        "Thomas David Rivers" <rivers@dignus.com>, <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <grog@lemis.com>, <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: interesting problem

I really did not want to reply to this but since some people believe that I
am just see-ing things, then I will set this straight.

I have a dual PPro-200 systems.  aha-3950u2 scsi card.  Teflon cables from
scsi-cables.com.  Segate cheetah 4.5gig drive that runs FreeBSD5.0-Current
since it came out.

I have been running FreeBSD for years...  I ran 3.0 and 4.0 when they were
/current and I never had these problems.  I cannot even get the thing
(5.0-Current in recent days) to boot from boot floppies that you put on
ftp://current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386.  If you are producing
an OS that does not boot on /current then say this publicly and not curse me
out for your production of a non functional product.  I'm sure I could
produce a set of non-functioning asm code that just crashes peoples
machines, if your idea of development is this.  I don't believe that I need
to write an email list for this.

I have a better idea, how about an option on the install to save buffer
cache to a floppy disk , or atleast the portion that caused the automatic
reboot???   Gdb anyone?

If you need more information from me about my product then please ask me and
I will say so.