Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:17:06 -0600
From:      Jimi Thompson <jimit@myrealbox.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: Cvsup Handbook Example

Since the major portion of the world's misery, both past and present,
can be directly attributed to organized religion, I find this
incessant prattling about the "demon" (INTENTIONAL misspelling) logo
and some of the other things like this thing below to be totally
offensive.  The Middle East is in a shambles and those people have
been squabbling for 5000 years over who's ideas about God are right.
Europe has fared no better and neither has the New World - just ask
the Native Indian population.  Millions of people have died over
religion.  It doesn't really matter which one.  Pick one - they are
ALL equally guilty.  The short-sighted narrow-minded viewpoint
expressed below is PRECISELY the mind-set that encourages and
promotes things like the Inquisition.   Since it does nothing but add
to the sum total of human misery, I find postings like this to be
highly offensive.

If you think that you might be going to hell over reading something
that says "cvsup666", then you are probably already in one and too
brainwashed to get out.

>At
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html,
>cvsup666 is used as an example.  Out of all the possible three
>number combos, why was 666 used?  As a Christian, this does bother
>me and I would like to know why exactly it was used.  I do not think
>this is being extreme or unreasonable.  Please note that I do not
>want to start a confrontation or cause problems etc... with this
>question.  Simply the answer.  If you would prefer, please feel free
>to email me directly if you feel this may cause problems on this
>list.  I help admin a few freebsd servers and so this of extra
>interest to me.
>
>notvalid
><><

Thanks,

Ms. Jimi Thompson, CISSP, Rev.

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber." --Plato