Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:35:56 EST
From:      ABAMF ICI <ABAMFICI@aol.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   while the linux/freebsd debates are up...

Hi.  I'm sick of windows.  :)

About a month ago I decided to do something about it, so I got a slackware
linux cd from cdrom.com which runs freebsd...instresting isn't it?  I got it
because I had come across a few other people on the internet who used it and
loved it.....and no gates :)

I haven't really learned too much about linux (mainly due to do lack of time)
and since an earlier post refered to freebsd as being totally differnet from
linux, why not just start off with freebsd instead of linux as my microcrap
alternative?

Well anyway, could some kind soul tell me the pros and cons of both operating
systems, or point me to some kind of a debate/comparision page on the two?
>From some of the other freebsd lists I've only gathered that it's a command
line driven os similiar to linux.  Is that essently all it is or is there some
major difference?

Thanks in advance.
~Kevin
:)