Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:33:48 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        unix <unix@donfishback.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP4.1.1 FBSD4.3 Stable With IMAP

Hi unix!

On 17 Jan 02 at 11:55 you wrote:

> I have tried the PHP lists and website with no luck.  I think this may be a
> FreeBSD issue.
>
> I am running Apache 1.3 with MOD_php4.1.1    I am trying to compile the php
> module to include the IMAP functions.  I have all of my dependent programs
> installed, and the compile finds them all and works perfectly.  But, when I
> try to use the IMAP functions I get the error:
>
> call to undefined function: imap_open()
>
> Can anyone help??

FWIW, Apache 1.3.20 with statically compiled PHP 4.1.1 (which
in turn is statically compiled with IMAP and lots of other stuff)
works just fine here on FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE. I built it just
yesterday, but I used IMAP sources from somewhere around July 2001.
Dunno why :-)

No luck with Apache 1.3.22 and mod_ssl 2.8.5, though... That's why
I'm still using Apache 1.3.20.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* If Windows sucked, it would be good for something.