Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:59:27 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alexandr Rybalko <ray@dlink.ua>
Subject:   Re: GEOM_MTD

On Thursday 11 February 2010 11:02:34 am Alexandr Rybalko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in attachment GEOM module to support MTD partitioning.
> All systems in which I have seen support MTD partitions do it via values in
source code.
> For more convenient change the partitions, I use hints.
>
> Example hints file also in attachment.
> In this example one of partitions (0x00040000-0x003e0000) split by keyword
'--PaCkImGs--' into two partitions ("kernel" and
> "roots")
> Others think things will be clear from the file itself.

Hmm, it appears that the attachment was stripped.  Perhaps you could post the
code to a public URL?  Also, I would suggest that using

hint.mtd.X.start="search"

might be more intuitive than

hint.mtd.X.search="start"

Then each partition always had a 'start' and 'end' value.  You could just
reject hints that have 'search' for both the start and end.

--
John Baldwin