Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:47:34 -0600
From:      "Mark A. Hummel" <mhumm2@mchsi.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Pls Help -- Sound Card Setup

I have a Crystal CS4280 PCI soundcard properly installed in my
computer.  I've configured my kernel with the following 2 lines as per
the Handbook:

device    pcm
device    csa

After the obligitory:  compile, make, make depend and make install, I
rebooted the system.  The new kernel became active, I logged in then su
to root.  I ran   # cat sndstat to find that I do indeed have a Crystal
soundcard loaded on pcm0.  Because it was pcm0, I created the node
devices for snd0 in my /dev directory (again according to the Handbook).

With all settings set to default, I have no sound in KDE 2.2.  I also
get a weird error.

    mcomp-mark  is not owned by user

Any help with this issue would be greately appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark