Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 11:18:57 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Shigeo Matsuzawa / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPj5fNxsoQg==?=   =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCTFBNOhsoQg==?=  <shigeom@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question

<<On Tue, 18 Jun 1996 15:44:30 +0900, Shigeo Matsuzawa / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPj5fNxsoQg==?=   =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCTFBNOhsoQg==?=  <shigeom@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp> said:

> Our question is, in this case, what procedures do we have to do ?

You have to follow the restrictions set out in the Berkeley license.
Essentially this means that there are certain things you cannot
advertise, and you must give credit to about forty-five different
developers and organizations in any documentation you write for your
product.

The GNU stuff is obviously different.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.