Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 1997 17:39:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        ccsanady@nyx.pr.mcs.net (Chris Csanady)
Cc:        brian@awfulhak.org, proff@suburbia.net, dfr@nlsystems.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: file system layout

(Sorry if I sent some email mistakenly -- here is my real reply :-)).

> [snip]
> >I know someone who attempted this on a linux box - seperating each package
> >into a distinct tree of its own.
> >
> >Is unionfs functional in -current ?
>
> I read that it was, but I've had no luck.  I think it spontaneously rebooted
> for me. :\  It's really too bad, this would be a wonderful thing to have
> working..

I had fully intended to get it working, but with the spectre of the Lite/2
merge, I didn't want to deal with it until afterwards.  It is going to
be tricky to get it working correctly.  The whole issue of VM object
sharing and coherency is difficult, and not addressed at all by other
existing implementations.

John