Date:      Fri, 01 Feb 2013 15:09:13 +0100
From:      lm7@poczta.fm
To:        freebsd-eclipse@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        lm7@poczta.fm
Subject:   How to make running java/devel-eclipse environment on FreeBSD 9?

Hi,

Initially eclipse refused even to compile. I googled out that the problem might be that eclipse requires libxul19 and the "trick" was to adjust its Make file from:

USE_GECKO=      libxul19
To:
USE_GECKO=      libxul libxul19

Now, it compiles but it refuses to start complaining with:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
        no swt-gtk-4233 in java.library.path
        no swt-gtk in java.library.path
        Can't load library: /home/lm7/.swt/lib/FreeBSD/x86_64/libswt-gtk-4233.so
        Can't load library: /home/lm7/.swt/lib/FreeBSD/x86_64/libswt-gtk.so

These libs are of course not available on my system - at all. I guess, they come exclusively with libxul19 (or something else).
I can try maybe downgrade to force libxul19 but due to known security issues I prefer to keep this version away from my machine.

I tried also to compile libxul with more options enabled, without luck (just shot in the dark with GCONF,GNOMEUI, GNOMEVFS2).

Could somebody advice me please what can I do in this situation to make eclipse working? Is there other package installing libswt libraries?

PS
I am on 9.1-RELEASE #4 r245019 with ports tree around 1 week old.

PS2
I am not on freebsd-eclipse mailing list so I'd appreciate reply-all.

Thank you in advance,
 Marek