Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:38:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gregor Mosheh <stigmata_blackangel@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Secure file transfers

I had a similar, perhaps related question. I'm making
backups via tar to a SMB server, but I would rather
use sftp/scp for it (the NAS supports both SMB and
scp/sftp).

I don't have enough disk space to make the backup to a
tarchive and then scp that tarchive. Is there a way to
make scp/sftp read from a pipe or stdin, rather than
specific filenames? The docs haven't mentioned it, but
since the subject came up I thought it worth asking...

--- Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>