Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:04:08 -0800
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>, "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual booting (Was: FreeBSD Installer)

On Thursday 24 January 2002 08:40 pm, Brett Glass banged out on the keys:
> At 07:21 AM 1/24/2002, chip wrote:
> >I think I'll do a dual-boot setup just for the experience.
>
> I have a friend in New York City who told me that very thing
> two years ago. (He was learning UNIX at the time.) To this
> day, he has NEVER been able to set up a trouble-free system,
> and has wasted countless days struggling with his machines.
>
> Friends don't let friends dual-boot.
>
> --Brett

After reading the post by Terry L. I changed my mind. He made it sound so=
=20
fun, heh heh. I did do some laptops at work that dual-boot linux (redhat)=
 and=20
win2000. Those are special, single purpose units for occasional use only.=
 And=20
I really have lost the desire to install winblows of any version here at=20
home, I get enough pain and suffering at work, having to deal with it on =
a=20
daily basis. Why put myself through that at home also?
Maybe your last line would make a good bumper sticker?
This has been an interesting thread. I find it sooo ... refreshing.... af=
ter=20
all the MS BS 8 hours a day at work.
:-)
Regards,