Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:52:41 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Falcon" <jeremy@intersurf.com>
To:        "Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat@peak.org>, <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Win2k w/ NTFS -- want to add FBSD

If the D: drive is empty then you don't need Partition Magic.  PM is only
good for resizing and conjoining adjacent partitions.  Outside of that you
are wasting your money.  On Win2K make sure you have admin privileges,
right-click My Computer.  On the context menu select Manage.  Go to
Storage/Disk Management.  Delete the current NTFS volume and create a new
one 10G in size.  Use the FreeBSD CD to boot into the installation and use
the partition manager there to create a true partition entry for FreeBSD to
use.

Oh, and you'll need a boot manager.  During the install do not choose the
standard MBR option, unless you feel like reinstalling Windoze or relying on
fdisk /mbr to work some magic by trying to pull the Win2K MBR out of the
trash.

Jeremy