Date:      Fri, 6 May 2005 13:38:02 +0800
From:      "Charlie C.L. King" <clking@gmail.com>
To:        kings fool <kingsfool2003@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: running tomcat on freebsd

IMHO, it would be better to try it out(as long as you have time).
I am currently running Tomcat 5.5 (using native jdk1.5.0, thanks to
the excellent jobs done by Greg and Alexey:)) on my FreeBSD box, which
is running 5.3-RELEASE (with a PIII-800Mhz CPU and 512MB PC-133
SDRAM).

It was metioned on the list there is possible startup regression when
using jdk1.5 installed from the ports. But anyway, I got it running
pretty well except some problems considering java itself, particularly
the jakarta project. So far as I run the Liferay Enterprise Portal
Professional, I don't see anything weird.

Well, that's my situation. Hopefully this could help. And yes, FreeBSD
is superior:).
But sorry, on Linux, I've never tried again since I did my project
using Tomcat5.0 and jdk1.4.2 two years ago.
--=20
Regards, Charlie