Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 22:14:52 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
Cc:        Dave Alderman <dave@persprog.com>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: K6

>On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Dave Alderman wrote:
> : This is fascinating to me.  Are Jaz drives acceptable for running BSD?

>Assuming that I understand your question, jaz drives run FreeBSD perfectly
>well.  They can be used as secondary storage or boot drives.

Just understand that they won't be quite as fast as "normal" SCSI
drives if the verify mode is on.  Take that into account when doing
your benchmarks.  (And they are not as reliable with verify mode off--
that's not a recommended fix.)

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net