Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:14:30 -0200
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First RSPRO deployed !

On Nov 10, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Milan Obuch wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 November 2010 13:21:55 Luiz Otavio O Souza wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>=20
>> This is just a FYI about my first RSPRO deployed and my satisfaction =
with
>> it :)
>>=20
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
>> I'm running a slightly modified version of current (for the RTC =
support and
>> basic multi-phy/switch support - still without vlan support).
>>=20
>=20
> Could you share your changes/patches? I have this board too and could =
benefit=20
> from it too... you did a bit more already than me...

Hi Milan,

Sure, all my patches/changes are available, but as i said, it's only =
small changes...

>> I've replaced my old P4 server and my (also old) wireless AP by this =
RSPRO
>> with a ubiquiti SR-2 card.
>>=20
>=20
> Hm, interesting, What do you use it for?
>=20

It is just a home/office router with low traffic (cheap cable =
connection) but with a few 24x7 connections (so i'm more for stability =
and features than speed).

>> The only problem i had was with the WPA - hostapd - setup (never did =
it
>> before, so i probably have screwed the setup).
>>=20
>=20
> If you could show config, maybe someone could help you. I have tested =
WPA=20
> setup with two FreeBSD systems and Atheros cards and it worked. I =
could use my=20
> FreeBSD AP as an internet gateway for wifi enabled Nokia E66, too, so =
I think=20
> a verified it a bit :) and this kind of things should not be arch =
dependent :)

Here is my config (ifconfig - rc.conf):

hostapd_enable=3D"YES"
wlans_ath0=3D"wlan1"
create_args_wlan1=3D"wlanmode hostap mode 11g descr wireless-ap"
ifconfig_wlan1=3D"ssid wpa-test channel 1"

My hostapd.conf: http://pastebin.com/fz6pNfHX

(have tried with and without preamble, with eapol_version =3D 1 and 2 =
and with wpa =3D 1 and 3)

Here is the syslog output: http://pastebin.com/YaQHtfVr

The problem is, i've only an iphone to test this atm...

I've another ubiquiti card and another rspro, i'll try to test the wpa =
setup using a freebsd client and check if something changes (that's why =
i did not asked for help at first time, i've not tried everything yet - =
but help is always welcome).

>=20
>> Here is the dmesg: http://pastebin.com/BGsAun6b
>>=20
>> The ifconfig: http://pastebin.com/Vf5pqaQs
>>=20
>> Disks and slices: http://pastebin.com/2jc0fJPh
>>=20
>> GPIO devices: http://pastebin.com/FvhQW5iL
>>=20
>> All installed ports: http://pastebin.com/yHcszFpR
>>=20
>> It's running fully static, booting a gziped kernel from onboard flash =
and
>> with a full system on a 8GB SD card (i've another two 4GB memsticks, =
one
>> is used for ports and the other for sources and obj).
>>=20
>=20
> Again, it would be great if you could share your experience - I would =
like to=20
> run from flash too, but did not came there yet, I am still only at =
netboot=20
> stage with USB flasdisk based file system.
>=20
> Regards,
> Milan

adrian@ keeps a wiki page with some information about this: =
http://wiki.freebsd.org/AdrianChadd/UbiquityRouterstationPro

I'll poke him about a port for this flash tool, it's very simple to use.

I'll also send some of my patches to mailing list.

If you need anything else (or if i forget something), just ask :)

Regards,
Luiz
PS: i need some days to rebuild my development environment, it's all off =
now... i'm enjoying the silence :)=