Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 15:01:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Star Office

In localhost.freebsd.stable you write:

>I did a make on this port --- can someone explain what the deal with it is
>-- I was reading calderas web page, Is this a commercial procduct (or
>demo) is everything not supposed to work right or what?  How did this get
>ported to freebsd in the first place -- is there a native port to be done
>as a commercial product?

Q:  How did it get ported to FreeBSD?

A.  Unless we're talking about different versions of the software,
it's Linux software, so it's running under the Linux emulation.  If
you mean "how did we get our hands on binaries", the
educational/nonprofit/evaluation version is available via public FTP
(look at the Makefile for where).

Q:  Is this a commercial product?