Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:45:22 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Michael Reifenberger <root@nihil.plaut.de>
Cc:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>, FreeBSD-Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: /etc sh script cleanup ready for testing

On Mon, 06 Sep 1999 23:00:18 +0200, Michael Reifenberger wrote:

> While you are at it, could you please change rc.serial to be
> consistent with the other rc* files? rc.serial should only implement
> the functions and import all variable data from rc.conf...

Careful.  As pointed out to me by Bruce Evans, rc.serial is _not_ the
same as the other files.  It was obtained elsewhere and is implicitly
self-contained.

While you may want to change that, this is not part of Doug's nor my nor
Jordan's goal with what we're doing now.  If it's something that can and
should be done, it can and should be done later.

> BTW: please make the rc* files be self contained (where it makes
> sense) so that they can be called outside of rc. Each file should
> include rc.conf for itself

Again, I'm sure your diffs will make for an interesting read,  but
that's a job for another day. Let's stick to the issue of reviewing
Doug's trajectory, given what he's aiming at. Now's not the time to
change his target.

Ciao,
Sheldon.