Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:04:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      divyesh shah <divs_83@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   reg a process's ruid and euid

I have a system call which should kill all processes
for a given uid. Now, I am confused about which uid to
use(real or effecctive) of the processes when killing
them.
Example scenario:
userids A, B, C
A is super-user(root) so using my system call he can
kill  processes of any other user.
Also, user C is running a process with ruid C but euid
B(giving him possibly higher privilege).
Now if A calls my system call asking to kill all
processes of uid B, should my system call also kill
the process started by C but running as B.

Thanks,
Divyesh Shah.