Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 13:46:34 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TI1225 + ORINOCO aka WaveLAN IEEE 802.11 11Mb

Grisha Vasilyev <acid@cn.ua> probably said:
> All hardware detects fine, but when I try to do ifconfig or ping, I've got
>
> wi0: tx buffer allocation failed
> wi0: device timeout
>
> Looks like initialization of PCI bridge isn't complete and/or correct
>
> --

I get the same effect with an old 486 laptop with a
<Cirrus Logic PD672X>

Standard ethernet cards (the 3com and New Media ones I have kicking
around, certainly) work fine, first or second, but if it detects the
WaveLAN card second, it fails with the long list of allocation
failures.

I fiddled with memory locations, irqs, etc, the usual, nothing seems
to help. My temp hack was to power off both slots with pccardc and
then power them up in the other order (the wavelan card has to go in
slot 1 because of the form factor).

It also refuses to detect insertion/removal events :/

The machine is my wavelan router, so hacked up static configs are ok
for now, but it's still a pain - this box worked fine with 3.4-pao.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu