Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 1996 10:35:55 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>
To:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au (Darren Reed)
Cc:        firewalls@greatcircle.com, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q on using "netpipes" for firewall maintanance tasks

Hello once more,

# In some mail from Paul Traina, sie said:

[...  I asked about a way of monitoring firewall boxen with kinda of
      "shell RPC" ;-) ...]

# >   Where am I wrong?
# >
# > Not buying the cisco box.
#
# Is this just a blatant marketting plug or is there a reason behind this ?
#

	As I already mentioned in a private e-mail to Mr.Traina,
	Cisco's are out of game not because I don't respect them
	by any reason, but because of cost and support issues just
	in my local area.

	Of course, I'm really interesting in the technical details
	about "what Cisco is able to do which FreeBSD cannot",
	I'm familiar with FreeBSD but not with Cisco's "black boxes".
	(Isn't this aspect important from security point of view, too?)

--

	With best regards -- Andrew Stesin.

	+380 (44) 2760188	+380 (44) 2713457	+380 (44) 2713560

	"You may delegate authority, but not responsibility."
					Frank's Management Rule #1.