Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 2001 00:23:47 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "David Kelly" <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: One box??

I feel compelled to point out that there are 2 problems
with these services (dyndns) first is that nameservers
cache lookups and you may have some convergence problems
if you often change IP nums, but more importantly the
reverse address lookup will still remain fixed at whatever
the ISP has it set to.  This can be important if your trying
to run a mailserver that directly transmits mail, as some
anti-spam filters that do reverse address lookups will
block mail in which both a forward and reverse lookup
don't match.