Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 1995 19:03:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        brian@MediaCity.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Still not quite there on serial console

>    The auto keyboard probe/serial console selector was disabled when it was
> found to cause problems on some machines. ...That's why you now have to
> hardwire it with FORCE_COMCONSOLE.

OK. I

cd /sys/i386/boot/biosboot
vi Makefile
# uncommented
CFLAGS+=        -DFORCE_COMCONSOLE
make clean
make
make install
cd /usr/mdec
disklabel -B -b boot1 -s boot2 sd0
fastboot

Still comes out on the VGA display.  I also compiled a kernel with
COMCONSOLE and much of the console data comes out on the serial port,
however, the boot: still only shows up on the VGA.

Any ideas?

I'm running with the FreeBSD Boot Manager. Does that make any difference?

Thanks,

Brian Litzinger
brian@easynet.com