Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:02:07 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        <youlgok@attglobal.net>, "FreeBSD-Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 4.2-stable and XFree86

Some have said that 3.3.36 is more stable and secure. That's why it's
packaged with the CD. Personally, I prefer 4 since it runs lighter on
my old laptop. Since I run it behind the firewall, and all the
machines here are trusted, it's not a big concern for me. But that's
my choice. You need to make yours. As someone pointed out recently, if
you run v4, you can add a line in the /etc/make.conf XFREE86_VERSION=4
to satisfy the apps looking for the xf86 installation.
-Otter