Date:      Thu, 11 May 2006 23:36:27 -0400
From:      Jonathan Noack <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>, stable@FreeBSD.org, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.1 Released

--------------enigF23BB998577E8F8579DD6EB7

On 05/11/06 20:53, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
>> On 2006.05.09 01:00:14 -0400, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>>> Julian Elischer wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>>>
>>> Indeed. Where is the mention of current quota/bge/em/ufs problems?
>>> Don't tell me these will be shoved under the rug.
>>
>> Send patches.
>
> Patches? For what? It's too late now, 6.1 has been released. I sent
> reminders to the RE team and i made it quite clear on the lists that th=
> quota issue should be described in the relnotes/errata before the
> release. If the RE team chooses to ignore major bugs and pretend all is=

> fine and dandy, then there is not much patches will do. Heck, im still
> waiting for Scott to personally fix the problems, as he so graciously
> offered, but couldn't deliver. I offered to work with him and provide
> help, he never replied to my emails.

The *entire* errata page was from 6.0; it was a mistake.  This wasn't
some "put on the rose-colored classes and gloss over major issues"
thing.  It was a long release cycle and something was forgotten.  C'est
la vie.  It's always a good idea to check the most up-to-date version of
the errata page on the web anyway, so it's *not* too late to update it.

So, you're still waiting for Scott to personally fix the problems and he
couldn't deliver?  Huh?  I quote you
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-May/025209.html):=

"Scott, thanks for the very generous gesture, but i cant ask you
something like this."

-Jonathan

--=20
Jonathan Noack | noackjr@alumni.rice.edu | OpenPGP: 0x991D8195