Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2001 23:47:20 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Bud Roth <bud_roth@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tiny, unreadable font in Konqueror browser on FreeBSD box

Bud Roth <bud_roth@yahoo.com> types:
> I installed KDE 2.1.1 on a FreeBSD box with the X11
> 4.1.0 font server.  When I booted KDE, Konqueror, the
> webbrowser, is using a tiny, unreadable font.  How do
> I change the standard font?  I tried the KDE settings
> and the Konqueror settings.  I am wonderingi if this
> is a default system font problem.

I'm not sure if Konqueror is based on the gecko engine or not, but if
it is, you might check to see if the font sizes are specified in
pixels or points. Using points in Skipstone - a gecko-based browser -
caused the behavior you described.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.