Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:56:42 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: When will we see TRIM support for GELI volumes ?

Hello, Pawel.
You wrote 19 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D1=80=D1=82=D0=B0 2013 =D0=B3., 12:27:32:

PJD> This is not what I see. On one of my SSDs in my laptop I've two
PJD> partitions, both running ZFS, but one of them on top of GELI.
PJD> I don't use ZFS TRIM yet, as I see no slowdown whatsoever.
 It depends on your SSD controller and write rate. SandForce-based SSD
degrades badly without TRIM and can not recover performance by
themselves if here is a lot of writes. But modern SSD on Marvell,
Indilinx and LAMP-based SSD restore write performance after some idle
time, not so effectively as with TRIM, but to very good level. And
SF-2281 based SSD sucks in this area badly.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>