Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:05:30 -0500
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Nicol=E1s_de_Bari_Embriz_Garc=EDa_Rojas?= <nembriz@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   NVIDIA driver crashing the system

(informally, I'd also welcome you to our D800 list @

Anyways, I find there are a few things that make the nvidia driver
work for me ... and they're all important.  Firstly, compile your
kernel with 'device agp' ... this is the default.

Next, recompile your nvidia driver when you recompile your kernel.
Not always necessary, but "portupgrade" makes it easy and it's a
problem often enough if you've been following current.

Lastly, compile the nvidia driver with WITH_FREEBSD_AGP=YES
WITH_NVIDIA_HACKS=YES WITH_ACPI=YES.  The WITH_FREEBSD_AGP=YES goes
with the option above.  I've never used the nvidia AGP code.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |