Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:39:54 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NMap Port Build

I am trying to install NMap from the ports on a 4.3-STABLE machine.  The
command line portion of the port installs fine but I'd like to get the GUI
frontend to build.  I get the following messages when building:

checking for gtk-config... no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.0.0... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
configure: warning: NMAPFE WILL NOT BE BUILT -- BUT NMAP SHOULD STILL WORK

I have installed the gtk12 port but continue to get the same error.  Does
anyone know what I need to set so that NMap will find GTK and build the
GUI?

Thanks,

Drew