Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 00:20:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de (Juergen Lock), freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Warner's PCI Modem Driver

> In message <200001280357.UAA51783@harmony.village.org> Warner Losh writes:
> : class machine running at a 33MHz bus).  The old ISA modems were US
> : Robotics Sportsters
>
> US Robotic Sporster 28.8 upgraded to 33.6.

Using 2 or 3 year old DSP technolgy vs a current DSP technology modem.
That explains the delta in your line error rate, the newer DSP's have
a lot more horse power and the FIR filters are an order of magnitude
better since they have all this horsepower to use from a $5.00 chip.

I suspect that a modern ISA modem would have solved your problem
as well... or at least made your comparison orange to orange :-)

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net