Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:21:17 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Ovanes Manucharyan <ovanes_m@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Athlon CPU health..

Ovanes Manucharyan <ovanes_m@yahoo.com> types:
> I'd like to know how to capture the current temperature of my CPU.

Check ports/sysutils. There are a couple of tools for monitoring
hardware - healthd and lmmon come to mind. Chances are pretty good one
of them will report your CPU temperature. Given the right hardware
setup, you may be able to catch various voltages and fan speeds as
well.

> I suspect that its overheating for some reason(I haven't overclocked
> I'm also looking for suggestions on what else I can do to debug this:
>         a) verify if its really the CPU overheating
>         if not, then what's causing the cpu to halt?

Something else overheating? But the chassis fan should help with that.

>         b) how to solve this problem.

If it's the CPU, get a bigger heat sink and fan, and more heat grease.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.