Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:36:14 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        Greg Ansley <gja@ansley.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: at91sam9g20: Upcoming Patches

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 09:09:31AM -0400, Greg Ansley wrote:
> During the next day or so I'll be submitting the following patches for
> the arm/at91 (head) tree with the goal of eventually being able to
> create a single "GENERIC" kernel that will boot on the at91rm9200,
> at91sam926? and at91sam9g20 (as long as boot sequence configures the
> multiplexed pins).
>
> I also have patches against 8-current if any one needs them.
>
> These patches have been tested on a KB9202C and an Atmel AT91SAM9G20EK
> Rev B.  I would appreciate testing (or loan of boards) for the
> at91sam926? family.
>
> I am assuming it would be best to submit separate PRs for each of the
> changes. If something else is preferred let me know.
>
> at91_mci.c:
>
>    * Compile and run time selection of "Slot B" of mci controller.
>    * Compile and run time selection of 4 wire connection (4x bandwidth
>      to slot).
>    * No byte swapping on non-RM9200 targets.
>    * Fix obscure segfault when bus_dma_load() fails in
>      at91_mci_start_cmd().
>
> at91_pit.c:
>
>    * Support for full resolution timer counter.
>    * Remove compile time address dependencies.
>
> at91_rst.c:  (NEW)
>
>    * Support SAM9 reset controller.
>    * Implement shutdown() on NRST (reset button) and full reset if held
>      for more the 5 seconds.
>
> at91_wdt.c: (NEW)
>
>    * Support SAM9 watchdog timer using the watchdog(9) style interface.
>
> if_ate.c:
>
>    * Support for sam9 "EMAC" controller.
>    * Support for rmii interface to phy.

RM9200 ate requires specific DMA alignment, which required a few
realign copys.
This isn't neccessary for most other AT91 devices and for sure
not with any AT91SAM9x device.
Not sure if all of them are automatically avoided - you might want
to verify the code about this point.
There is also RBNA workaround, which should be RM9200 specifc,
which shouldn't be triggered with others, but you might want to save
a few bytes codespace.