Date:      Fri, 07 Dec 2001 11:35:23 -0500
From:      "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   video card for 2048x1536 at 85hz? (rage128 or radeon?)

I keep seeing apparently conflicting pages as I work my way through
google.

Once more, we seem to be close to ordering my workstation, and this
time we seem to be cramming it into the budget.

The motherboard will be the dual athlon tyan, whose video isn't up to
what I need.  We're getting the 21" sony, and I want to be able to
drive it at the full 2048x1536@85hz.

The shop that will build it is suggesting either a rage128 or radeon
card, but they're not familiar with X.  Will either or both of these
drive the monitor at that resolution/speed in 24 or 32 bits?

I'm not doing video or 3d; I just need lots and lots of xterms and
debugging windows.

hawk, chomping at the bit for his new machine

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail