Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:36:53 -0400
From:      John Gibney <jgibney@mciworld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question regarding Freebsd on Dynamic addressing

I have read the pages on http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/dialup.html

I have completed all using a XEM 16 Digiport with 16 ports.  I can login
into each port successfully with no problems.
My question is now how do I assign an ip address to each port, so that when
a user logs into that port, ppp is run and a dynamic ip address is assigned
via that port.
I also have setup in my nameserver in the .net and .net.rev
an ip address like the following:
ppp0    IN    A    204.70.90.30
ppp1    IN    A    204.71.90.31
Whereas ppp0 is assigned to ttyA00 (the first port in the Digi
and ppp1 is assigned to ttyA01 (the second port on the Digi

Thanks in advance.
John Gibney