Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 1995 12:57:03 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su, bde@zeta.org.au, hackers@freebsd.org, roberto@blaise.ibp.fr
Subject:   Re: Problem with sio ...

>Taylor have up to 4096 packet size even in standard g-protocol,
>my site use it. 'i' protocol use about 6K packet sizes.

The packet size doesn't matter a lot (just like the window size).
Only the read() size must be < TTYHOG.

>What happens if we will use TTYHOG==8K to handle all possible cases?

1) It will be easier for one tty to consume must of the available
clists (leaving only the minimum guaranteed of 512 bytes for other
ttys) OR

2) we could increase the minimum to TTYHOG and waste a lot of memory.
There would be no point in using clists then.

3) There would be a new case requiring 16K. :-)

Bruce