Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2007 01:01:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Martha Pasikatan <magpasikat@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   PF + ALTQ: how to properly tag packets to belong to a queue

Hi,

Firstoff, can I ask if there is a way to provide QOS at layer 2 currently using PF and ALTQ?  If there is, I would be very grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction.  Here's my problem, we are supposed to implement QOS for all subscribers (end to end).  It's easy enough to implement using PF+ALTQ for the layer 3 protocols.  But for those using layer 2 protocols such as L2TP, we are not able to implement QOS for them.  So the packets end up going to the default queue which is not our ideal situation.  Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks,
matt

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?