Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:19:30 -0400
From:      Steven Kreuzer <skreuzer@freebsd.org>
To:        Joseph Benden <joe@thrallingpenguin.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Question regarding creating a port with dependencies

Hi Joe-

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Joseph Benden <joe@thrallingpenguin.com> wrote:
> I am porting Vagrant to FreeBSD.

This is very good news. I have been looking at potentially deploying
vagrant at work to make QA testing
way easier. Having a FreeBSD port of this would be extremely helpful

> It requires a handful of extra gems to be installed. When I go to create a PR for this; should I submit
> everything necessary as a single PR or each individual port as a PR?

I would submit one PR per new port and then in the vagrant port
perhaps mention that these other PRs need
to be committed before the vagrant one.

Its a bit more work, but it might be easier to keep track of
everything in case certain changes need to be made
to an individual ruby port.

Thanks for working on this. Feel free to ping me via irc or shoot me
an email if you need any assistance.

SK