Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 01:03:05
From:      "Mack Lobell" <macklobell@hotmail.com>
To:        FREEBSD-QUESTIONS@freebsd.org
Subject:   vx0: driver is using old-style compatability shims

Hi,

when i reboot my 4.2 RELEASE version of FreeBSD the following traces appear:
vx0: <3COM 3C595 Fast Etherlink III PCI> port 0xcc00-0xcc1f irq 10 at device
20.0 on pci0
bpf: vx0 attached
	using shared irq10.
vx0: driver is using old-style compatability shims

The network card works, so i have no problems with it, but the last trace is
troublesome.

My question is about the last trace, should i worry?
Is there a "new-style", if so where can i find information?

Regards.