Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:24:57 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Argo Direct Ltd - Mark Roach" <info@argodirect.com>
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD

Ted writes:

> Amend that to say
>
> "...if you already have A PROPERLY RUNNING AND
> STABLE BackOffice in place...."

Not necessary.  There is no reason to assume that a BackOffice configuration is
unstable or improperly running by default, and no mention was made of any such
instability or running problems in the original post.

> this isn't an easy thing to do for someone who's
> main job title is "receptionist" and just does a
> bit of network administration on the side.

The original poster didn't identify himself as a receptionist, as far as I can
recall.

In any case, anyone who has trouble implementing BackOffice should not go
anywhere near FreeBSD or any other flavor of UNIX.  BackOffice is _far_ simpler
to put in place for someone who is technically unsophisticated (although the
person implementing the system would probably still require a bit more IT
experience than an average receptionist).