Date:      Mon, 03 Sep 2001 02:11:17 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Possible hang fix

OK.  If you have the "hang on boot" problem with PCI interrupts, and
you have a "real" interrupt (as opposed to irq 0) in the pcic probe
line and you are working around this using ISA interrupts, I may have
a patch for you.  It won't change the CL-PD6729/30 problems.

This patch turns off PCI interrupts unless a real ISR is registered
for the card.

There are still a few rough edges, but if people that are experiencing
this problem could test this patch with and without ISA interrupts and
report the results, I'd be most appreciative.

	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/no-boot-hang.diff

Warner

P.S.  If you happen to have a 4.3 pccardd hanging around, I'd
appreciate a report on how it behaves (with both ISA and PCI
interrupts).