Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 16:00:59 -0500
From:      "Justin P. Michel" <justinmichel@home.com>
To:        "Andre` Niel Cameron" <AndreC@Axxs.net>, "free bsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems with Bind.

Andre,

I believe you can check if bind is running by typing:

ps -ax | grep named

An output something like:

191 ?? Is      0:12.05 named -u bind -g bind
345 v0 S+    0:00.01 grep named

indicates that it is running.

To restart it from the command line, you can type:

/usr/sbin/named

However, with the default configuration that comes with FBSD V4.4 Release,
you can run it as user 'bind' instead of root by typing:

/usr/sbin/named -u bind -g bind

Regards,

Justin