Date:      Tue, 01 Dec 1998 19:58:38 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can we just come to a decision on IPv6 and IPSec?

Today is December 1st (in my timezone, anyway) and we're rapidly
running out of year.  When we brought this up 6 months or so ago, the
general concensus seemed to be that we'd make *some* sort of decision
on which way to go by the end of the year.  Well, here we are.  It's
not like our brethren OSes have exactly stood still in this department
and what's worse is that we have numerous people standing in the wings
just WANTING TO DO THE WORK if someone will only let them, one example
being IPSec which is currently languishing in our PR database and has
been freely discussed on forums like Daemon News (see
http://www.daemonnews.org/199812/security.html).

This fence rail is pointy and cold and I think we're all going to come
down with an embarrassing medical condition if we keep sitting on it.

- Jordan