Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2012 08:50:19 GMT
From:      Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala@hinterbergen.de>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sparc64/141918: [ehci] ehci_interrupt: unrecoverable error, controller halted (sparc64)

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/141918; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala@hinterbergen.de>
To: Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: sparc64/141918: [ehci] ehci_interrupt: unrecoverable error,
 controller halted (sparc64)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 10:43:14 +0200

 --Sig_/D0usoAWksOR_ye8KrLvETot

 On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 01:00:56 +0200
 Manuel Tobias Schiller <mala@hinterbergen.de> wrote:

 > On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 12:41:24 +0200
 > Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de> wrote:
 >=20
 > > Well, the individual patches shouldn't make things worse except for
 > > the second one causing more memory to be used so I'd suggest to
 > > combine them. If in the end things actually work we still can check
 > > what changes are needed for that.
 > > Looking at the Linux USB code, the FreeBSD one doesn't some to honor
 > > some DMA constraints and at least for the alignment it's actually
 > > hard to follow what value eventually is used. One thing that stands
 > > out is that for EHCI, the boundary is 4096. This is most easily fixed
 > > by defining USB_PAGE_SIZE to 4096 in sys/dev/usb/usb_busdma.h.
 > >=20
 > > Marius
 >=20
 > Ok, the second patch on its own doesn't appear to work either, so I'm
 > trying the combination of patches now. By the way: defining
 > USB_PAGE_SIZE to 4096 in sys/dev/usb/usb_busdma.h is a bad idea - the
 > kernel panics with a backtrace pointing into the mmu-related code.
 > Probably has to do with sparc64 mmu only supporting 8k pages, so I'm
 > not terribly surprised... Ok, I'm waiting for the next make buildkernel
 > to finish, and I'll let you know what comes out.
 >=20
 > Manuel

 Ok, I also tested a kernel with both patches, and the issue persists. Do
 you have something else to try?

 Manuel

 --=20
 Homepage: http://www.hinterbergen.de/mala