Date:      Tue, 05 Feb 2002 21:09:10 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        kris@obsecurity.org
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.org, ru@FreeBSD.org, markm@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pam_ssh world breakage

In message: <20020205100414.A44541@xor.obsecurity.org>
            Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> writes:
: On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 07:20:46AM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
: > On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 07:06:54PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
: > > If you use the argument that one shouldn't set WARNS because a new
: > > compiler will cause the tree to break, then there's no point having it
: > > at all since that condition will always be true.
: >
: > The difference is _impending_.
:
: EPARSE.

I think that David is trying to say that "Look guys, I'm this >< close
to importing gcc3.  It does warnings differently.  Cranking up the
WARNS level now will get in the way of my work and will lead to
unnecessary build breakage on some platforms that I don't compile for
all the time.  Please go ahead and fix the warnings at the higher
levels, but don't put WARNS=x into the Makefile* until I'm done
importing things."

Warner