Date:      Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:29:00 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>, FreeBSD doc list <freeBSD-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Visual docbook editing

Haikal Saadh wrote:

> Anyone actually got a working visual docbook editor?
>
> I tried Xeena from IBM, but could not make it go.
>
> I've also downloaded editormaker, which is supposed to generate a java
> app if you give a dtd, but could not make it work either. Anyone else
> care to take a stab at it?

>  What's this? A buzzing behind my right ear? Why, that's
>  got to be the embedded e-mail relay implanted in my skull.
>  It turns me into a futurisitic fusion of man and POP3 Server!
>
> 	[The Register]
> 		http://wyldephyre.deviantart.com

FreeBSD has many editors which can work with HTML, the FDP primer

recommends Emacs, you can also use the xemacs port for the GUI.

Under gnome, you can find gtkhtml which I have tried before, its nice
but you need to install alot of the gnome ports for it.  KDE however has
quanta, which is similar to kdevelope, though I have not used any of
those, most of the time I just vi my docs :)

Hope this helps

--
Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
www.Pittgoth.com Gothic Liberation Front