Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:50:28 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>, Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DDB and dumping disk

-On [20000328 17:40], Bruce Evans (bde@zeta.org.au) wrote:
>On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
>
>> Given that the moment at which dumpdev is set seems important, I think
>> it's probably better for me to back these isntructions out of the
>> dumpon(8) manual page and wait for something less tricky.
>>
>> Do you agree?
>
>Yes.
>
>The man page is also misleading about single user mode.  dumpon(8) works
>fine in single user mode.  The problem case is when the system crashes
>before reaching user mode.

Exactly.  And that is what I am now slowly trying to work on.  Brian's
addition of show disk in ddb was one step ahead.

Now to get the functionality in one way or the other in either the
loader or ddb or another thing.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai@bart.nl>                      VIA NET.WORKS The Netherlands