Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:16:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        gonzo@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting to develop/test FreeBSD on mips

In message: <4859285A.3060301@freebsd.org>
            Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@freebsd.org> writes:
: Tom Judge wrote:
: > Hi,
: >
: > Firstly thank you all for your work in getting this far with the mips
: > support for FreeBSD.
: >
: > I would like to start developing/testing FreeBSD on mips.  I am looking
: > at purchasing a Linksys WRT54G or WRT54GS to do this.
: >
: > Is it possible to boot FreeBSD on either of these devices (if so do I
: > need a particular version)?
:      Sentry5 support is in rudimentary state. Bruce Simpson worked on it but
: it was more then year ago. Not sure if he booted kernel on Linksys devices.
: Though I have one WRT54G unit I hadn't had time to hack it yet.

I'm in the same boat: I have a WRT54G and also just got a braodcom
1250 eval board booted to the CFE prompt.

Warner