Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:21:14 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   LevelOne WPC-0301 11g Wireless CardBus

Hello,

I bought a LevelOne WPC-0301 11g Wireless CardBus Adapter
today.  According to the box it is "v6".  The ral(4) man-
page mentions only v2, but that one is ancient and can't
be bought anymore.

So, enabling the debug sysctl gives this in dmesg:

cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0x0
cardbus0: <network, ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
cardbus0: CIS pointer is 0x102
cardbus0: CIS in BAR 0x14
cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0x0
cardbus0: Warning: Bogus CIS ignored
cardbus0: <network, ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

I tried the card in a different notebook, same thing.

Anything I can do, except drop the new card in the dustbin?
:-(

Best regards
   Oliver

We're sysadmins.  To us, data is a protocol-overhead.