Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:14:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>
To:        freebsd@omni.dp.ua
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what is /Attic and *,v files used by CVSup

In local.freebsd.questions you write:

>  Question is in subject. I've got a huge (about 200M) files in my
>  /ports directory in every port's dir. What is it???

Umm...  you've checked out the repository, i.e. the entire revision
history since the dawn of time, or thereabouts.

Probably the result of a missing "tag=." on the "release" line in your
supfile.  cd /usr/ports/examples/cvsup.  Read the README file.  To get
the ports tree, use "ports-supfile".

	$.02,
	/Mikko

--